Some call it “RRSP” season, I call it pre-tax season. What should we be looking at this month?
- Groundhog Day is February 2nd – check for the forecast (my guess is, Victoria will have Spring starting next week)
- As T4s and RRSP slips start arriving in the mail, file everything in your 2009 tax folder.
- Print off/find all your charitable donation receipts.
- Try to suss out your tax situation (hint, your bank may have an online version that doesn’t charge until you file) and make your RRSP contribution (if needed) before March 1st, 2010.
- Don’t forget about Valentine’s Day! A nice dinner with a bath or movie makes a great night with your lover or friends and doesn’t cost gobs of cash in chocolates or flowers.
- Now that the New Year’s resolutions are starting to fade in memory, head to the less crowded gym!
- Gave your credit card a little vacation in January? I bet it wouldn’t mind a little more time in hibernation.
- Automate your bills and save yourself forgetting or missing it while on vacation in Mexico next week.ta