Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians!
During the rest of the summer, many of us will be going on vacation. Here are a few financial tips to help make your trip planning easier!
- Travel insurance: check your group benefit booklet to find out the amount of coverage and how long you are covered for. If you need more, buy it online here.
- Travel budget calculator online
- Heading to a major city? Check out these handy guides for places like London and New York City.
- Driving? Check out the distance calculator and the fuel cost estimator.
- Finally, always ask for a discount when booking the hotel. And ask again when checking in for a room upgrade, discount, etc. If inquiring for three nights, ask about two nights and if there is a discount for booking for three.